About the Azerbaijan Online e-Visa
The Azerbaijan Online e-Visa is an electronic visa for travelers to Azerbaijan, issued via an online application system. It was introduced in 2013 to facilitate visa processing for foreigners wishing to enter Azerbaijan for a maximum of 30 days.
The Azerbaijan e-Visa, also known as the ASAN visa, can be obtained by completing the online application with personal information, travel details, passport data and some security questions before requiring payment via credit or debit card. The approved e-Visa for Azerbaijan is then sent to the applicant’s e-mail address within 24h, and in some cases up to three (3-5) business days.
Azerbaijan e-Visa Conditions
The following important information relates to the e-Visa for the Republic of Azerbaijan, available for eligible foreign nationals to request online:
- The electronic visa for Azerbaijan allows its holder to visit the country for a maximum duration of thirty (30) days.
- The e-Visa is a single-entry visa that allows its holder to enter and exit Azerbaijan only once.
- The e-Visa for the Republic of Azerbaijan is usually processed within 24 hours but could take up to three (3-5) working days.
- The Azerbaijan e-Visa is valid for a period of ninety (90) days.
Terms of Eligibility for Azerbaijan e-Visa
To visit Azerbaijan with the e-Visa, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:
- All applicants must be citizens of one of the eligible countries as stated in the list below.
- When applying applicants must be outside Azerbaijan.
- Have a valid email address where he/she will receive the approved e-Visa.
- The applicant must also have a valid credit/debit card to make the online visa fee payment.
- Passports of e-Visa holders must be valid for at least six (6) months from the arrival date in Azerbaijan.
Additional Information about the Azerbaijan Online e-Visa
- e-Visa holders must print out at least one copy of their e-Visa for Azerbaijan.
- Upon arrival travelers will be requested to present their e-Visa at the border control checkpoint.
- Travelers are recommended to keep their printed copy of the e-Visa with them at all times during their stay.
- Once the validity period has passed, the e-Visa becomes invalid and can no longer be used to enter Azerbaijan.
- The duration of stay of the e-Visa holder may not exceed the designated 30-day period.
- If the period of stay of the e-Visa holder exceeds 10 days, he/she must ensure that they are registered with the State Migration Service for free, usually done via tourist accommodation.
List of countries eligible to apply for an online e-Visa for Azerbaijan
Foreign citizens from the following countries and territories are eligible to apply for an e-Visa to travel to Azerbaijan:
|Austria||Bahrain||Belgium||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Brazil|
|Colombia||Costa Rica||Croatia||Cuba||Czech Republic|
|India||Indonesia||Iran, Islamic Republic of||Ireland||Israel|
|Portugal||Qatar||Republic of Cyprus||Romania||San Marino|
|South Africa||Spain||Sri Lanka||Sweden||Switzerland|
|Thailand||Turkey||Turkmenistan||United Arab Emirates||United Kingdom|
|United States||Vatican City||Vietnam|
Additional evidence requirements:
In addition to the personal information and travel details for each applicant, the applicant might need to provide the following documents to support the application:
- A scanned color copy of the biographical page of the current valid passport;
The applicant can submit this information at a later date. It is not necessary to provide this document at the moment of application.
Requirements to enter Azerbaijan
In order to facilitate entry into Azerbaijan, it is imperative that all eligible foreign nationals present the following upon arrival:
- A printout of their approved Azerbaijan e-Visa;
- A passport valid for at least six (6) months from the arrival date in Azerbaijan.
Ordinary visa will be ready within 3-5 working days and cost 28 USD.
Urgent visa will be ready within 3 hours and cost 55 USD.